Coronavirus – latest news!
Last update: 16 February 2021
Due to the current situation regarding the coronavirus we are working from home until March, 31st 2021.
E-mails will be checked regularly, but in consequence of the reduced operations there may be some delay in answering requests. Thank you very much in advance for your understanding!
For urgent queries, please, call the emergency number indicated on the answering machine.
We hope to be back at your entire disposal soon and wish all our clients and partners good health!
From January, 15th 2021 00:00h onwards, all travellers have to register electronically (Pre-Travel-Clearance, PTC) before entering Austria. The electronic PTC registration form will be available in German and English on the following website: https://www.oesterreich.gv.at/en_public.html It is mandatory to present the registration confirmation printed or electronically in case of control. Travellers who enter Austria under unforeseen circumstances, for reasons that are not able to be postponed or for reasons that need special consideration concerning the traveller’s family are exempt from the obligation of registration.
All travellers entering Austria from regions for which a travel warning because of the COVID-19 pandemic has been issued have to self-quarantine for ten days immediately after entering the country. The quarantine can be terminated if a PCR test or antigen test carried out not earlier than on the 5th day after the entry is negative (the day of entry is considered day 0).
Currently the following restrictions apply:
- Closure of all hotels until end of March (except for business trips)
- Closure of all restaurants until end of March
- Special restrictions in all cultural facilities (museums, monuments, art galleries etc.), e.g. mandatory use of FFP2 masks, a minimum of 20m2 per visitor applies.
- Ban on all kinds of public and private events (theaters, cinemas, concerts, fairs, birthday parties, weddings etc.)
- Ban on all bus trips for touristic purposes and excursion boat trips
- Curfew from 20.00h until 06.00h
For more information on the current situation, please consult the following websites:
Tourism in Austria: https://www.austria.info/en
Vienna Tourism: https://www.wien.info/en/travel-info/coronavirus-information